Unity Engineer Director
Mountain View, California | Job ID: 58045
Looking for a Director of Unity Engineering (Direct Hire) for a VR/AR company in SF. Must be passionate about VR and interested in the space. This Silicon Valley small business brings AR and VR to medical simulation training. Must be in the San Francisco region, once things are back open after Covid, onsite is required because collaboration is a huge part of being on this engineering team.
DAY TO DAY:
- Provide strategic direction and innovation in the design and implementation
- Must know engineer strategy, full lifecycle of a project
- Develop the team through mentoring, and continually building the team’s capabilities. Must have experience driving the company product, team objectives, and decision-making
- Must have experience working closely with product and talk to our customers to address strategy, implementation and pain points
- Continue our culture of collaboration, innovation, inclusion and data-driven decisions
- C# in Unity, on windows experience
- Bachelors in Software Engineering or Computer Science
- 10+ years in engineering, deep knowledge and experience with Unity
- Ability to manage a small team and oversee other engineers work
- Excellent communicator, oral and written
- Deep experience developing 3D applications
- Familiarity with VR and/or AR platforms, such as the HTC Vive, Valve Index, Oculus Rift/Quest, Gear VR, and Hololens
- Ability to sometimes work a flexible schedule with colleagues on different coasts
- A plus: 3D graphics, modelling, rigging, artist experience. Node JS, AWS
- Roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- Detail oriented, able to keep a team on top of deadlines
Apply now to learn more about this role!
- Onward Play is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Play is a drug-free workplace.